NEW YORK ELECTRICAL INSPECTION AGENCY
Here at New York Electrical Inspection Agency, we believe that electrical inspections should educate, not intimidate. Our inspectors put a high value on safety, communication, and exceptional customer service. We look forward to serving your needs.
Our highly trained inspectors all have a minimum 25 years experience in the building and electrical trades. Our inspectors can lend their knowledge that can save you time and from making costly mistakes. Let us help you make informed decisions so that you truly know the status of your electrical installation.
New York Electrical Inspection Agency and our employees are proud to hold membership in the following organizations:
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI)
- Electrical Association of Western New York (EAWNY)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Finger Lakes Building Officials Association (FLBOA)
- The Better Contractors Bureau (BCB)
- Rochester Home Builders’ Association (RHBA)
- American Society Of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
2017 NEC Tentative Interim Amendments (TIA)
Tentative Interim Amendments (TIA) are changes to the already adopted National Electrical Code (NEC) that cannot wait until the next code cycle. A TIA is tentative because it has not been processed through the entire standards-making procedures, and it is interim...
2017 NEC Receptacle Outlet Replacement Requirements in Dwellings
Currently in New York State, the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) is being enforced. When replacing a receptacle outlet in a dwelling unit for any reason, the following National Electrical Code requirements apply: 406.4(D) Replacements. Replacement of receptacles...