NEW YORK ELECTRICAL INSPECTION AGENCY
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI)
- Electrical Association of Western New York (EAWNY)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Finger Lakes Building Officials Association (FLBOA)
- The Better Contractors Bureau (BCB)
- Rochester Home Builders’ Association (RHBA)
- American Society Of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
The 2020 Residential Code of New York State (20RC) went into effect on May 12, 2020 in New York State and now it is required that heat detectors are to be installed in all newly constructed attached garages of residential homes. Section R314 of the 20RC introduced the...
The 1999 version of the National Electrical Code (NEC) is when Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCI) first appeared in the Code. Since then, AFCI requirements have expanded to several areas throughout the NEC and so the confusion began. A common question among...